Pumpkin-Chocolate Quick Bread
Featuring a pumpkin-chocolate center, this moist and flavorful bread is perfect for gift giving or an afternoon snack. The added pumpkin gives each slice a delicious dose of essential nutrients, including Vitamin A.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat two 8 x 5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl; stir well.
- Whisk together sugar, pumpkin, oil and egg whites in large bowl. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups pumpkin mixture to melted chocolate; stir to combine. Spoon half of pumpkin mixture into bottom of each prepared pan. Spoon pumpkin-chocolate mixture between pans; top with remaining pumpkin mixture. Smooth down top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in bread comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 loaves; 16 slices per loaf.
Tip: Not a chocolate fan? Eliminate morsels from recipe and divide pumpkin batter evenly between pans and bake for 55 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 150 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 150 mg Carbohydrates: 25 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 16 g Protein: 2 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.