Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread with Variations
This perfectly spiced pumpkin quick bread is great for a brunch buffet or as a delicious snack topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream cheese.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, eggs, spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often for 1 to 2 minutes until well mixed. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf.
*Substitute 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground cloves for pumpkin pie spice.
- Banana Pumpkin Bread: Prepare quick bread as directed above, substituting 3/4 cup sugar for brown sugar and 1 cup mashed bananas for pumpkin; omit pumpkin pie spice.
- Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread: Prepare quick bread as directed above. Stir 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and 1 cup mashed banana into batter.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread: Prepare quick bread as directed above. Stir in 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels into batter.
Tip: Wrap bread in plastic food wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.