Pumpkin Swirl Bread
Sour cream and cream cheese are combined to create a delightful white swirl in the midst of this spiced pumpkin bread.
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 (15-ounce) can cooked pumpkin
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans. Set aside.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Combine 2 2/3 cup sugar, oil, water, pumpkin and 4 eggs in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes). Continue beating, gradually adding flour mixture and scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes).
- Spoon 1/4 (about 2 cups) pumpkin batter into each prepared loaf pan. Carefully spread half of filling mixture over batter in each pan; top each with half of remaining pumpkin batter. Pull knife or spatula through batter and filling to create swirl effect.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
Makes 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaves or 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 300, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 190 mg, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 4 g.