Savory Pear and Gorgonzola Focaccia
This recipe will be a keeper, count on it!
1 medium ripe pear, halved, cored and sliced into 6 slices per half
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar - divided use
1 (12.7-ounce) package BUITONI Italian Herbs and Cheese Focaccia Bread Mix
3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease 12-inch-round pizza pan.
- Place pear slices with 1 teaspoon vinegar in small bowl; stir to coat both sides.
- Prepare focaccia dough according to step 1 of instructions, stirring in contents of topping packets with flour and yeast. Spread out onto prepared pizza pan using well-oiled hands.
- Place pear slices on top of focaccia dough, arranging in a circular pattern, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12 minutes; remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining vinegar, oil and sugar in small bowl; gently brush onto top of focaccia while hot. Sprinkle with sage. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.