Sour Cream Cornbread
A moist cornbread to enjoy with all types of meals.
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine butter and sugar in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in sour cream and milk. Add all remaining ingredients. Reduce speed to low; beat just until mixed.
- Pour batter into greased 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings.
- Prepare batter as directed above. Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- This cornbread can be baked in a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 18 to 22 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 225, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 370 mg, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 6 g.