Lighty sweet, cinnamon-spiced applesauce muffins.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and raisins.
- In another bowl combine milk, egg, applesauce and oil, mixing well.
- Add to dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F (220°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until tested done when center of muffin top springs back when gently pressed.
Makes 12 muffins.