Sweet Corn Muffins
These sweet and moist muffins are a 'must have' with chili or soup.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup ALBERS® Yellow Corn Meal*
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Makes 18 muffins.
*ALBERS® White Corn Meal can also be used.
For Corn Bread: Pour batter into greased 8-inch-square baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
HIGH ALTITUDE (3500 to 6000 feet):
- Corn Muffins - Bake for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Corn Bread - No change needed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 160 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 190 mg Carbohydrates: 20 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.