Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Make sweet potato purée by cooking sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender. Remove skin and purée in food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together oil, sweet potato and eggs.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and stir in sweet potato mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into mini-muffin tins lined with paper cups. Fill cups to top.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on racks.
Makes ? mini muffins.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.