Anytime Ham and Cheese Frittata
This ham and cheese frittata works for a weekend breakfast or brunch with muffins and juice. You can also serve it as a light lunch or supper with a green salad and Corn Bread Muffins.
2 cups ham, chopped
2 cups hashbrown potatoes with peppers and onion, refrigerated or frozen
6 large eggs
2 cups bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add bread pieces, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden and beginning to crisp. Add ham and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Push ham and potatoes to the side of the skillet; pour egg mixture into skillet, stir over heat and when the eggs begin to set up stir together, combining the ham, potatoes and eggs. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and place skillet in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.