Apple-Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
Get a warm start on a chilly autumn morning with a breakfast of these hearty pancakes.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl; stir in milk, applesauce, and oil.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in walnuts.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
Makes 10 (4-inch) pancakes.