Banana Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
Hearty, wholesome buttermilk buckwheat pancakes with banana.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Stir together flours, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl; stir in buttermilk, milk, bananas and butter.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended well.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
Makes 10 (4-inch) pancakes.