Blueberry Ginger Spice Pancakes
Delicious spiced blueberry pancakes, perfect for fall and wintertime holiday breakfast gatherings.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mild-flavored molasses
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen (unthawed)
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
- Measure first 6 ingredients into medium bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
- Whisk molasses, buttermilk, eggs and 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl to blend. Add dry ingredients; whisk mixture just until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Brush griddle generously with oil. Drop scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto griddle. Using back of spoon, spread each pancake into 3-inch round. Cook until bottoms are golden brown and top bubbles. Turn pancakes over and cook until done, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer pancakes to platter; keep warm in oven.
- Brush skillet with additional oil for each batch.
Makes 16 pancakes.