Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Recipe courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council.
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon quick cooking oats
1 cup frozen, unsweetened blueberries
6 ounces corn/rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
- Have all ingredients at room temperature
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place butter and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; stir until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal over top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.