Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
3 slices bacon
1 cup sliced mushrooms (4-ounce)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
6 Kaiser rolls, split
6 thin slices ham
6 thin slices tomato
6 thin slices Swiss or Muenster cheese
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain and crumble bacon. Pour off drippings. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper to skillet; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bacon.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture onto bottoms of rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with a slice of ham, tomato and cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Cover with roll tops and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 430; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 258mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 901mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.