Cherry Cream Coffee Cake
Almond-flavored coffeecake with a cherry pie filling center and drizzled with an almond glaze.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and almond extract, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into prepared tube pan. Spread cherry pie filling evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack and transfer to plate.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over warm cake.
Makes 12 servings.