Crunchy Cranberry Granola Parfait
A tasty, easy-to-make treat for breakfast, lunch or dessert!
1 (6-ounce) bag dried cranberries (1 1/3 cups)
1 cup chopped dried apples
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
24 ounces fat-free vanilla yogurt (2 2/3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place cranberries and apples in large bowl; set aside.
- Bring apple juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to boil. Pour over cranberries and apples; let sit 15 minutes.
- Mix oats, pecans, oat bran, wheat germ and sunflower seeds together in separate bowl. Stir into cranberry mixture until blended. Spread onto 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) about 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool. Store in sealed container or plastic bag.
- To Assemble Parfait: Place 1/3 cup yogurt in bottom of parfait glass. Layer with 1/4 cup granola. Repeat ending with 1/4 cup of granola. Serve immediately.
Makes 9 cups granola; 4 parfaits.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (2/3 cup yogurt; 1/2 cup granola): Calories: 390; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Total Carbs: 69g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 240mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Cranberry Marketing Committee.