Glazed Blueberry Breakfast Rolls
These quick and tasty orange-scented blueberry sweet rolls are made easy with refrigerated pizza dough.
1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
3/4 cup blueberries, finely chopped
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry filling ingredients, stirring to dissolve corn starch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread blueberry filling over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the sides. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, in greased muffin cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove rolls from pan; cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
- For glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, and grated orange peel, stirring until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls.
Makes 12 sweet rolls.