Grab-and-Go Breakfast Bars
No time to sit down for breakfast? Grab one of these wholesome, tasty breakfast bars and start your day off right! - Submitted by Brian.
1 cup Mom's Best® Naturals Quick Oats
1 cup Mom's Best® Naturals Toasted Wheat-fuls
1 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cups dried fruit (we use a combination of dried apricots, dried plums, and dried cranberries)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large omega-3 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the oats, Wheat-fuls, walnuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped (the dried fruit should be the size of a dried pea or lentil).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add the oatmeal mixture and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the baking pan and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake about 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the bars are done. Let bars cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.
Makes 16 Bars.
Tip: These bars freeze really well. So, if you have leftovers, wrap individual portions in plastic baggies or aluminum foil and freeze.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): 150 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated, 0.7g omega-3), 85mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein.