Maple-Bacon Oven Pancake
A sweet and savory oven pancake flavored with maple syrup, cheddar cheese and bacon.
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose biscuit and baking mix
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
12 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Additional Maple-flavored syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle pancake with remaining cheese and bacon; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
Makes 8 servings.