Microwave Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
Get kids to the table quickly in the morning with pizza for breakfast! The perfect way to start the morning – pizza for breakfast! Serve with fresh fruit for a well-rounded breakfast.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, folate and choline, and a good source of vitamin D, calcium and iron.
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons fully-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles or 1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link or patty, chopped
1 round flatbread (6-inch diameter)
2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat egg and milk in 2-cup cereal bowl until blended. Add sausage.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; push cooked edges toward center. Microwave until egg is almost set, about 15 to 45 seconds longer.
- Cut egg into 4 or 5 pieces; arrange on flatbread. Top with cheese. Microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds to melt cheese. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 317; Total Fat: 18 g (Saturated fat: 7 g; Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated fat: 6 g) Cholesterol: 209 mg; Sodium: 601 mg; Carbohydrates: 22 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Protein: 18 g; Vitamin A: 447 IU; Vitamin D: 44.5 IU; Folate: 105.5 mcg; Calcium: 172 mg; Iron: 2.8 mg; Choline: 153.4 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).