Microwave Egg and Veggie Breakfast Bowl
Crunched for time? Try this quick 5-minute microwave Italian-inspired eggs Florentine. Protein-packed eggs and garden-fresh.
This recipe is an excellent source of choline and a good source of protein, vitamin A and vitamin D.
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons thinly sliced baby spinach
2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- Coat 8-ounce ramekin or custard cup with cooking spray. Add egg, water, spinach and mushrooms; beat until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 102; Total Fat: 6 g (Saturated fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated fat: 2 g) Cholesterol: 190 mg; Sodium: 122 mg; Carbohydrates: 2 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Protein: 9 g; Vitamin A: 792.4 IU; Vitamin D: 42.7 IU; Folate: 30.8 mcg; Calcium: 86.6 mg; Iron: 1.1 mg; Choline: 130.3 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).