Microwave Egg, Canadian Bacon 'N' Cheese Muffin
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
1 slice Canadian bacon or thin slice deli ham
1 large egg, beaten
Shredded cheddar cheese
1 wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- Line the bottom of 8-ounce ramekin or custard cup with Canadian bacon, if using ham it may be necessary to fold the slice in half. Pour egg over Canadian bacon.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Top with cheese. Serve on English muffin.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Note: Nutrition information per serving includes 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese; does not include salt and ground black pepper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 265; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 203mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 18g; Sodium: 637mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.