Microwave Egg, Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Tortilla
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
1 large egg
1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link, chopped (3/4-ounce)
1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
1 wheat flour tortilla (6-inch)
- Coat 2-cup microwave-safe cereal bowl with cooking spray. Add egg; beat until blended. Sprinkle sausage over egg.
- Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, about 15 seconds longer.
- Top egg with cheese. Place onto tortilla: fold bottom of tortilla over egg, then fold in sides.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 282; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 207mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 386mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.