Muffin Crumble Parfait
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
3 small or 2 large bran muffins
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups fat-free vanilla extract flavored yogurt
2 cups chopped seedless watermelon (well drained)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
4 cups small cubes of watermelon
- Crumble the muffins and divide among the bottom of four 12-ounce glasses reserving about 3/4 cup of the crumble.
- Mix the cinnamon and yogurt, and divide half of it over the crumbled muffin in the glass.
- Divide the watermelon and dried cranberries over the yogurt in the glasses.
- Divide the remaining yogurt over the watermelon and dried cranberries.
- Divide the remaining muffin crumble over the glasses and top with honey.
- Garnish with the toasted sliced almonds and top with watermelon cubes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.