Mushroom and Mozzarella Quiche
Puff pastry shells with a creamy egg, mushroom and mozzarella cheese filling.
1 (4-count) package puff pastry shells
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Set aside. Lower oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Whisk together eggs, heavy cream and cheeses; set aside.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and sauté until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, stir the onions and mushrooms into the egg-cream mixture. Pour into a shallow casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown and cracked on top. Remove from oven and carefully spoon egg mixture into 4 puff pastry shells, using a spatula to smooth the tops. Place shells back into preheated oven and re-heat for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes two (2 mini quiche) servings.