Orange French Toast
Recipe provided courtesy of Cheryl Tallman.
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup orange juice
5 slices of whole-wheat or raisin bread
1 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Maple syrup for accompaniment (optional)
- Combine the egg and orange juice in a flat bowl or shallow dish.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in another flat bowl or shallow dish
- Melt the butter in large skillet or griddle pan at medium heat. Move the butter around the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Dip each slice of bread on both sides in the egg mixture and then in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Place in the preheated skillet, cook on one side until light brown. Flip over and cook the other side until light brown.
Makes 5 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Cheryl Tallman, co-founder of Fresh Baby, creators of the award-winning So Easy Baby Food Kit, and author of the So Easy Baby Food Basics: Homemade Baby Food in Less Than 30 Minutes Per Week and So Easy Toddler Food: Survival Tips and Simple Recipes for the Toddler Years.