Pumpkin Cinnamon Pancakes
Not only does pumpkin add a festive touch to these delicious pancakes, it adds the nutrients lutein, alpha and beta carotene and Vitamin A.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs and melted butter in medium bowl until well blended. Add to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top, sides appear dry and bottoms are golden brown, about 2 1/2 minutes. Turn pancakes over. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm up. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to skillet as necessary for each batch.
- Serve pancakes hot with maple syrup.
Makes about 15 pancakes.