White Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
Thick slices of French vanilla toast stuffed with white chocolate.
1 loaf day-old unsliced French bread
1 cup white chocolate chips
5 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup (optional)
- Spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut French bread into 6 (1 1/2-inch thick) slices. Using small, sharp knife, cut 2-inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through bread to create a pocket.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons chocolate chips into pocket of each bread slice; press to close.
- Place filled slices into prepared baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top of bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer toast to plates. Serve with maple syrup or as desired.
Makes 6 servings.