Apple-Scotch Snack Cake
A delicious cake is an excellent way to bring a meal to a magnificent conclusion. Make sure to save room for dessert.
2/3 cup QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups peeled and finely chopped apple
1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Topping: Combine oats, flour, butter and brown sugar in small bowl. With clean fingers, mix until crumbly; set aside.
- For Cake: Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine brown sugar and eggs with wire whisk. Whisk in 1 1/4 cups milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture all at once; add apples. Stir gently until just combined. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels; crumble topping evenly over morsels.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Microwave remaining 1/3 cup morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 20 seconds; stir until smooth. Carefully drizzle over hot cake in pan. Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.