Banana Crunch Cake
A cake-mix-easy banana cake with a crunchy oat and pecan streusel, layered twice within the cake batter and sprinkled on top.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 large, very ripe bananas - sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, coconut, rolled oats, brown sugar and pecans; mix well. Using fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine bananas, sour cream and eggs; beat until smooth. Add cake mix; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with 1/3 of coconut mixture. Repeat layers twice using remaining batter and coconut mixture, ending with coconut mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan. Place on serving plate, coconut side up. Cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.