Banana Nut Cake with Honey Chocolate Glaze
A moist and tasty banana nut Bundt® cake topped with a creamy, ganache-style honey chocolate glaze.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups honey
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Honey Chocolate Glaze:
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons honey
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a Bundt® pan set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer and paddle attachment, cream butter with honey until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream, lemon zest, vanilla, eggs and bananas.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Place in prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 12 to 15 minutes on wire rack, remove and allow cake to cool completely on wire rack.
- When cooled, transfer cake to a serving platter and spread the warm glaze over the top of the cake.
- For Honey Chocolate Glaze: Place chocolate in food processor fitted with a blade attachment and pulse until chocolate reaches a coarse sand consistency.
- Heat the whipping cream over low heat, being careful not to boil. Add to food processor while still running, then add honey.
- Let glaze sit for 5 minutes to thicken a little and then spread over top of the cake.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.