Berries 'N Lemon Streusel Cake
A lemon-scented, 'cake-mix-easy' oat cake laden with fresh raspberries and blueberries and topped with a crunchy oat streusel.
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1 cup water
1/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and flour sides and bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Streusel Topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat at low speed the cake mix, oats, water, sour cream, eggs and lemon peel until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold berries into batter.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over top of batter.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 12 servings.