Blueberry Pineapple Dump Cake
Dump cakes are perhaps the easiest cakes to make. No electric mixers needed. Just dump and bake!
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries - divided use (thaw if frozen)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 cups chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup melted butter
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
Lightly sweetened whipped cream or ice cream for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch glass baking pan; set aside.
- Mash 2 cups blueberries; reserve remaining blueberries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; add mashed blueberries and cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until thick and clear. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and reserved berries.
- Combine cake mix with the chopped pecans; add melted butter and mix together until ingredients are well moistened.
- Pour undrained pineapple into prepared baking pan. Drizzle blueberry mixture evenly over pineapple. Crumble the cake mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Makes 12 servings.