Chocolate Cream Cheese Tunnel Cake
A glazed, coffee-kissed chocolate and nut Bundt® cake, with a tunnel of chocolaty cream cheese filling in the center.
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup cold coffee
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2/3 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt® pan.
- Melt 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips in double boiler over simmering water. With electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, milk, and melted chocolate. Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs, and beat with electric mixer for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Mound cream cheese mixture around tube, but do not spread to touch sides of pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until top springs back when pressed lightly in center. Cool upright in pan one hour before inverting.
- To make glaze: Heat 1/2 cup cream in small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Drizzle warm glaze over cooled cake.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.