Chocolate Baby Cakes
A springtime sensation at any baby or bridal shower, these festive cupcakes bring a sweet touch to special celebrations.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
Prepared white frosting
Desired food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and a couple drops of desired food coloring in medium bowl; stir well. Frost cupcakes.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.