Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
A dollop of cheesecake filling hides in each of these rich chocolate cupcakes. Topped with melted chocolate chips, try adding candied violets or colored sprinkles for a festive presentation.
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup water
2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or paper-line 16 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1/2 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, egg and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended. Beat in melted chocolate; gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water (batter will be thin).
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 1/2 full. Spoon filling by rounded tablespoon over batter. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. While still hot, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Let cool for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread to frost. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 16 cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.