Chocolate Truffle Cake with Strawberry Sauce
Like your favorite candies, this chocolate cake combines the flavors of deep, rich chocolate with luscious, sweet strawberries.
A finalist in the 2000 Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, this recipe was submitted by Waydella Hart of Parsons, KS.
1 3/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1/2 cup butter
3 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Garnish Suggestions: whipped topping, fresh strawberries, mint leaves
- For Truffle Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan. Melt 1 cup milk chocolate morsels and butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan.
- For Glaze: Melt remaining milk chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread glaze over top and side of cooled cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- For Sauce: Place strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, cut into wedges. Garnish with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, strawberries and mint leaves.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.