Crunchy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Cake
An easy and delicious, no-bake layered ice cream cake with a crispy chocolate topping.
2 1/2 cups crispy chocolate rice cereal
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
2/3 cup milk
3 1/2 ounces banana instant pudding mix
3 (approximately 1-ounce) chocolate crispy rice candy bars
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup crispy chocolate rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Crust: In food processor, crush 2 1/2 cups cereal into crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter to moisten. Press into 8-inch square cake pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- Ice Cream Layer: With mixer, blend 2 cups ice cream and 2/3 cup milk for about 30 seconds. Add 1 package pudding mix; beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and thick. Stir in 3 chopped candy bars; pour into prepared crust. Freeze for 4 to 5 hours or until firm, or overnight.
- Chocolate Topping: Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon butter in bowl. In 1-cup microwaveable glass measure or bowl, microwave milk at high for 30 to 60 seconds or until just boiling. Gradually stir into chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth. Chill for 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Pour evenly over ice cream layer. Sprinkle with cereal, pressing gently into chocolate topping. Freeze for 30 minutes or until topping is set. (Frozen cake may need to stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften before serving.)
Makes 9 servings.