Flourless Chocolate Cake
Enticingly moist, this elegant cake features indulgent semi-sweet chocolate morsels, cocoa and a hint of coffee. Topped with a dollop of heavenly whipped cream, this cake is irresistible.
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/3 cup granulated sugar
8 large eggs
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper. Grease paper.
- Place morsels, butter, water and coffee granules in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Stir in cocoa and granulated sugar until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl for 5 minutes or until the volume doubles. Fold 1/3 of beaten eggs into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining beaten eggs 1/3 at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 37 minutes or until cake has risen (center will still move and appear underbaked) and edges start to get firm and shiny. Cool completely in pan on wire rack (center will sink slightly). Cover cake; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (Cake can be prepared up to 4 days in advance.)
- To Serve: About 30 minutes before serving, remove side of pan by first running knife around edge of cake. Invert cake on sheet of parchment paper, peel off parchment pan liner and turn the cake right-side up on serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.