German Chocolate Caramel Cake
with Whipped Cream & Heath Frosting
"German chocolate cake without the coconut frosting. It is a very rich and tasty alternative to traditional German chocolate cake!" Recipe submitted by Joanna Goode from Bloomington, IL.
1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1 (8-ounce) jar or 1 cup caramel sauce
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping
1 (6-ounce) package toffee bits
- Bake German Chocolate cake according to the directions on the package. Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake with a fork.
- Heat the caramel sauce in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until pourable. Pour caramel sauce all over cake and let it seep into the holes. Put the cake in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Remove cake from the fridge and spread Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.