Honey Chocolate Cupcakes
Treat your family to these honey-sweetened chocolate cupcakes topped with a simple, chocolate honey glaze.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup honey
1 large egg
1/3 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate Honey Glaze:
1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup honey
- For Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using electric mixer, beat butter until light; gradually add honey, beating until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
- In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread top of each cupcake with Chocolate Honey Glaze, if desired.
- For Chocolate Honey Glaze: Combine chocolate chips with honey; mix until well blended.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.