Lemony Poppy Seed Cake
A lemon poppy seed oatmeal Bundt® cake drizzled with a sweet-tart lemon glaze.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
4 to 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- For Cake: Combine flour, oats, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add lemon peel. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to sugar/butter mixture, mixing until blended. Add half of milk, mixing until blended. Continue flour mixture and milk alternately, mixing well after each addition. Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Makes 12 servings.