Mandarin oranges are combined with a yellow cake mix to create a moist and flavorful cake topped with a refreshing, pudding and pineapple whipped cream frosting.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin orange sections
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (15.25-ounce) can pineapple chunks, crushed
9 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
1 (3.75-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine yellow cake mix, mandarin orange sections (undrained),eggs, and vegetable oil; beat for 2 minutes on high speed of an electric mixer. Reduce the speed to low and beat 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine drained pineapple chunks, non-dairy whipped topping, and instant vanilla pudding mix. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread between the cake layers and on the top and sides. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.