Marinated Strawberries and
Mango Purée Over Angel Food Cake
Rich but low-cal fruits turn this simple, airy cake into ambrosia. A dollop of whipped cream adds even more indulgence.
1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 prepared angel food cake, cut into 6 pieces
1 lime for grated peel
Pinch fresh ground pepper
- Combine strawberries, wine and sugar in medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Place mango and lemon juice in food processor or blender. Purée until smooth.
- Assemble dessert by pouring 1/2 cup of strawberry mixture over 1 slice of cake.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of mango purée over cake and plate.
- Sprinkle each dessert with grated lime peel and black pepper.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.