Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling
An elegant torte layered with a pumpkin and orange liqueur filling and topped with whipped cream. It will most surely please all the pumpkin lovers in your family.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (30-ounce) can LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix* - divided use
3 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (such as Grand Marinier) or orange juice - divided use
1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Orange rind slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 1/2 cups pumpkin pie mix, eggs and oil in large mixer bowl for 2 minutes. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together evaporated milk and cornstarch in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in remaining pumpkin pie mix and 1 tablespoon liqueur. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened; remove from heat. Cover; cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur over tops of cakes. Cut layers in half horizontally. Spread about 3/4 cup filling between layers. Spread top of cake with whipped topping and garnish with orange curls, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.
*This product contains sugar and spices, it is not plain pumpkin purée.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.