Moist and flavorful, this rhubarb cake has a cinnamon and sugar coconut topping.
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped rhubarb
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together brown sugar and butter; add beaten eggs.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Stir in chopped rhubarb.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon, and coconut; spread over the cake.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
Makes 12 servings.