Rich Chocolate Cake with
Creamy Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Frosting
Like a chocolate-covered peanut butter cup, this yummy cake blends two favorite flavors in one treat. Chocolate curls are a simple way to decorate.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (11-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1 (2-ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, for curls
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch-round cake pans.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl. Add milk, water, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract; blend until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle 1/3 cup morsels over each cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with Creamy Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Frosting between layers and on top and side of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls before serving.
- For Creamy Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Frosting: Microwave remaining morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Beat cream cheese, melted morsels, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Curls: Carefully draw a vegetable peeler across a bar of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate. Vary the width of your curls by using different sides of the chocolate bar.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Soft chocolate doesn't shave very well, so refrigerate your chocolate bar before making the curls.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.