Samuel Adams Boston Lager Cupcakes
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Boston Lager, chef David Burke created a beer-infused cupcake that is worthy of any celebration.
Boston Lager Cupcakes:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Samuel Adams Boston Lager
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
Boston Lager Buttercream Frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon whipping cream
2 tablespoons Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- For Boston Lager Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat together butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs and mix until thoroughly combined. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients until well combined. Pour in water and beer and finish by adding salt. Stir until mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Pour approximately 3 to 4 ounces into each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Boston Lager Buttercream Frosting: In a standing mixer, beat together powdered sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, Boston Lager and whipping cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed.
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
Recipe by Chef David Burke.
Recipe and photograph provided by Samuel Adams Boston Lager via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.