Bourbon Spice Pecans
These festive, crunchy spiced and spiked pecans are the perfect sweet nibble for the holidays or anytime.
4 cups pecans, halves or halves and pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer toasted pecans to bowl; set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add toasted pecans and stir to coat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add bourbon; stir to combine and cook 1 to 2 minutes, mixing well. Remove skillet from the heat and pour pecans onto rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread pecans into thin layer and let cool 20 minutes.
- Break mixture into bite-sized pieces and cool completely before packaging.
- Store pecans in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Makes 4 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.