Brittle Cracker Candy
Sounds wacky—but this is one easy sweet treat the whole gang will love.
Recipe Ingredients:Aluminum foil
40 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place a layer of aluminum foil on a 1-inch deep cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and arrange a single layer of saltine crackers on top of the foil.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Pour over the crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the crackers float to the top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. After the chips melt, spread evenly, and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Cool; cut into 2-inch bars.
Makes 30 servings.